The Principal Financial Group Corporate 4 Renovations consisted of approximately 500,000 SF of renovation work completed over two phases. The renovation work included 8 ﬂoors of extensive interior demolition and the build back of corporate ofﬁce space, conference centers and cafe. The work also included major revisions and improvements to mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems, exterior façade, roof replacement and a new skywalk connection across 8th Street. The Corporate 4 building was built in 1996 and is a Helmut Jahn design, holding nearly 1100 employees.
The facility, although a very modern design, was a challenge functionally over the years because of the numerous angles in the building, hence it had gone virtually untouched for 17 years. The entire project was completed while maintaining occupied conditions with business operations going uninterrupted. Move management and communication were keys to this being a very successful project.
- DCI Group Construction Manager Agent
- $69 Million Construction Cost
- Multiple Prime Contractor Model
- Led the Master Plan and Design Process
- Sustainability Practices Followed
- Schedule Duration Critical with Move Management
- Move Coordination – Staff Relocation
- Commissioning and Testing Agency Procurement
- Extensive Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing Scope
Check out this time lapse of the Corporate 4 – Corporate 2 skywalk construction!
Principal Financial Group ~ 750 Park, Des Moines, Iowa