The Principal Financial Group Corporate 1 Renovation involves approximately 475,000 SF of renovation work. It began in May of 2015 and is scheduled to be complete in mid 2017. The renovation work includes 7 ﬂoors of extensive interior demolition and the build back of corporate ofﬁce, conference centers, wellness, atrium, auditorium, pavilion and cafe. The work also includes major revisions and improvements to mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems, exterior façade, roof replacement and a new skywalk connection across High Street. The Corporate 1 building was built in three additions- 1939, 1959 and 1976. This is the only project on the Principal campus that will be completely vacated during construction, as this building will be taken back to the bones and rebuilt.
- DCI Group Construction Manager Agent
- $148 Million Construction Cost
- Multiple Prime Contract Model
- Led the Master Plan and Design Process
- Sustainability Practices Followed
- Schedule Duration Critical with Move Management
- Commissioning and Testing Agency Procurement
- Extensive Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing Scope
Click here to read about Chris Conn, the Senior Superintendent on the Corp 1 project who was featured in an article on Principal Financial Group’s internal network showcasing the work he has done on the downtown campus renovation!
Principal Financial Group ~ 711 High Street, Des Moines, Iowa